Frequently Asked Questions
All answers to the questions below are contained within various pages in our website. However, listed below are most of the common enquiries that I receive. I hope they are of help. If you have any questions please contact us. We will always try our best to help.
- How far are you from the tube (underground/metro/subway)?
- We are a five minute walk from Hampstead tube station. From the station turn right and walk up Heath Street. Walk past the shops and beyond the church. We are the last business on the left hand side.
- How far are you from central London?`
- We are a twelve minute journey by tube to the centre of London. We are on the Northern Line, Edgware branch. There are also buses that can be taken to get into central London. A more scenic option but a longer journey time.
- How do I get from the airport/train station to La Gaffe?
- Please click on how to find us for a detailed description of the myriad journey options.
- What facilities do you provide in the rooms?
- All our rooms are ensuite, containing a shower, lavatory and sink unit in our standard rooms. Our honeymoon rooms have bath tubs/ Jacuzzi as well as steam showers. All rooms have television, telephone, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers. We also offer free WiFi.
- How big are your rooms?
- All our rooms are on the small side. They all vary slightly but we do not have spacious rooms. We are comprised of buildings that were constructed in the 1850's and the room sizes are in accordance with the style of terraced cottage form that era. What we may lack in space, we feel we more than make up with in value and charm.
- Can I smoke in the rooms?
- All rooms are strictly non-smoking. Anyone trying to have a sneaky cigarette WILL set off our fire alarm.
- What kind of food does your restaurant serve?
- According to our family background the food we serve is Italian. We have a very large menu incorporating both our restaurant and bar area, serving a la carte meals as well as daily specials.
- Is breakfast included in the price and what kind of breakfast do you serve?
- Yes. We serve a cold buffet breakfast consisting of fresh fruit, a selection of cereals, a selection of yoghurts, bread rolls, toast, ham, cheese, boiled eggs and Italian sponge cake. We also provide orange juice as well as a selection of teas and coffees. Breakfast is served between 7.30am to 9.30am.
- Is VAT included in the price?
- Yes. Value Added Tax is included in the prices. The only extra additions to your final bill would be either meals, drinks or telephone calls.
- Do you allow pets?
- I am afraid that we do not. We will only permit guide dogs.
- How do I book?
- Via our website, under the "contact us" Icon, we may be called on 44-(0)20-7435-8965 or faxed on 44-(0)20-7794-7592
- What is your cancellation policy?
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Anything less than the required minimum stated period will result in a charge for the first evening of your proposed stay. PLEASE NOTE group bookings must provide 72 hours notice and will be liable for TWO nights if insufficient time is given for cancellation.
- Do you have parking?
- Parking, parking, parking... the bane of all Londoners! I am afraid that we do not have our own car facility. However, your options are:
1) Pay and display parking: There are two parking zones close to us. One is located along Hampstead Grove, one minute walk from us, and is operational from 9am until 6pm. Just beyond Jack Straws castle at the top end of North End Road is a second parking zone, four minute walk from us. The restrictions are only between 11.00am and 1.00pm. However, the council have been very sneaky and arranged it so that you can only buy a ticket at 11.00am for one hour and then come midday you have to do the same again. However, the main benefit of this zone is that if you are looking to leave your car overnight it is probably one of the safer areas in which to park. It is well lit at night and there is always traffic on the road. On Sundays and bank holidays both zones are free all day. PLEASE NOTE : There is a two hour maximum stay restriction
2) Free local car park: Four minutes up the road from us behind Jack Straws castle pub there is a local community car park. It is not too big, but if arriving early there should not be too much of a problem. The only restriction is that the car park is locked between 6am and 10am to stop it filling up with commuters. PLEASE NOTE: There is a two hour maximum stay restriction
The weekends are very busy and parking can be difficult unless you arrive mid to late in the morning.
- What time can I check in/check out?
- Our daily check-out time is 11.00am and check-in is 3.00pm. However, we try to be as flexible as possible to help those with an early arrival.
- Is it possible to store luggage?
- Yes, we are able to look after your belongings until you need to depart.
- What is there to do in Hampstead?
- Hampstead is one of the most beautiful and historic parts of London. We have the Heath on our doorstep a selection of museums, churches and National trust houses all within walking distance. We also have a cosmopolitan heart to the village with a wide selection of restaurants and shops. For more details click here.
- Is the hotel suitable for families?
- Yes. We are very proud of our reputation as being very child friendly and we try to be of help in whatever way we can. We understand the difficulties of travelling with children!